Friday, September 10, 2010

Travel success stories





That’s Max and his mom Katharine on their recent trip to Washington. Here’s what Katharine had to say about it:

“Washington was stress-free because it was the MOST accessible place we've ever visited! All buses are accessible, all subway stations have an elevator and all taxis had a trunk big enough for a wheelchair. Even the hop-on, hop-off double-deckers were accessible. And Washington has 19 free museums all in walking/wheeling distance of each other!”

Send us photos of the most accessible holiday you’ve taken so we can spread the word. Let us know where you went and why it worked so well. Don't forget a photo!

Here are some interesting (unrelated) links:

Just Because, a new children's book: 'My big sister Clemmie is my best friend. She can't walk, talk, move around much, cook macaroni, pilot a plane, juggle or do algebra. I don't know why she doesn't do these things. Just because.'

Snap is an annual photo competition by Mencap, a group that represents people with intellectual disabilities in the UK. Check out the 2010 winners.

My twins have different destinies: 'My son is studying to be a rocket scientist. My daughter has epilepsy and her seizures take many forms, including opening the car door on the highway.'

The baby I never expected: Blogger Kelle Hampton shares the birth story of daughter Nella in the October issue of Parents magazine.

Think College: US college options for people with intellectual disabilities.

Happy weekend! :)

4 comments:

Ps. Send photos of the most accessible holiday you've been on to:

lkinross@hollandbloorview.ca

Thanks!

I missed that Facts and Arguments. Thanks for posting it Louise. I really enjoyed reading it.
Lisa

It was really nice to read stories of success. It may inspire other people by their stories. Anyway, I'll be looking forward for your next post.






Canadian Visa

Nice Story! It inspire other people by their story.I hope you are very enjoying it.Thanks for share with us.